THE BENEFITS OF A PRE-EMPLOYMENT MEDICAL
The pre-screening service is invaluable; this small investment paying off many times over.
Our pre-employment assessment can help you:
- Record baseline health status for newly appointed employee’s so pre-existing medical conditions are identified and not attributed to your workplace.
- Assess potential employee’s suitability for your job.
- Monitor the health of employees in relation to any hazards/risks they may be exposed to in your workplace (an often overlooked WorkSafe NZ requirement).
- Check staff for drug use.
- Helps minimise recruitment and training costs
A pre-employment assessment takes approximately 1½ hours to complete (we call it ‘the full monty’).
Potential, employees participate in a variety of questions and physical assessment procedures which can include:
- A personal related questionnaire, medical history, medications, allergies and infectious diseases etc.
- Family medical history.
- Work related health questionnaire.
- An injury questionnaire including old work injuries that could affect employment.
- Stress effects
- Nutrition – eating and drinking habits.
- Physical activity.
- Muscular/skeletal assessment.
- Assessment for Cardiovascular Risk & Diabetes
- Height, Weight, Waist measurement
– Blood Pressure
– Heart rate
– Cholesterol screening
– Blood glucose screening (for diabetes)
- Vision – Visual Acuity and (Ishihara test for colour blindness if appropriate / required).
- Audiometry – hearing test – using latest computer equipment
- Spirometry – lung function test – Using latest equipment
- Drug & alcohol testing.
- Lift requirements (if required)
We provide a pre-employment report on work fitness.